Sunday, July 3, 2011

Summer in the HEAT

I don't have a single picture, and no reason not to have any pictures of pretty much the last month. But, we have been BUSY!! Our corn (sweet) was harvested and distributed to several friends everyone that we have talked to loved it. . .We put up a handful of bags -- our back patio is awesome for working outside in the shade -- we all could work hard and the garden hose made for a quick clean up.

Ryan just finished swim team -- he refused to race in the meets but I think it was pretty good for him to do anyway. I finished binding one of my quilts -- I still have a couple of things to do with it but it is up and I am enjoying it. I despise binding quilts, but I have learned that if I do it while I am stuck (lifequarding in our pool or waiting at swim lessons or swim team) I can see the efforts rewarded -- it only took a couple of days!

We have had several swim parties -- We have tons of great kids that I love to have come over. It is is simple though -- we have the pool and we got this fantastic snowcone maker that is delicious and bam we have the makings of a fun party! We probably have swim parties two to three times a week. We have from four to seven exta friends in the pool -- the boys seem to get along better with others there :).

We have been inundated with tomatoes and zucchini -- I have loved them all , but I think they are about gome for the season -- sorry to see them wind down, but there is always next year.

We have been working on learning too work -- it has been somewhat successful, but the summer is still here. . .

I am kind of bummed that June is gone, we only have five weeks left until the boys go back to school and we are BUSY in July!!! I can't wait! Maybe I will get some pics of all these fun parties, but then maybe we are having way too much fun at them!!

0 comments: