Thursday, June 12, 2008

Summer Vacation




Summer is in full swing at our house. The thermometer is slowly making its way higher and higher and we are trying to enjoy/endure the time of year. Spencer got to go this week to the zoo with his Grandma and Grandpa Brown and his cousin Cooper (aka Cooper-kid). They had a blast -- my parents gave me a disk with pictures from the zoo and Spencer is just as excited watching the pictures as he probably was at the zoo! Since I hadn't been to the zoo in the summer, I didn't realize how wet he would get -- the boys came home soggy and happy -- thanks Grandma and Grandpa for the fun trip!

While Spencer was playing, Jacob and Ryan were at summer school -- now before you think what a mean mom, they go to two fun classes (Computers and cooking) and one scholastic class (math and spelling) each -- thye have fun for three hours and I can get a few things done before they say there is nothing to do!

7 comments:

Nicole said...

That is so great that your parents took them to the zoo. How fun for them. And good thing they went when they did, it really is just too hot now to go.

Natalie said...

I bet you are loving those 3 hrs each day!! Have to say, I could definitely use 3 hrs to get stuff done!! Shouldn't going to the zoo past May be illegal?? So HOT!! Nat

RhubarbLady said...

Cousin Trisha here-Our local zoo installed misting sprinklers at different locations around the zoo to make it more tolerable. I hope we will get to go soon! I love the summer classes idea!

Browns said...

How lucky you got pictures! I didnt get to hear much about the trip..Cooper isnt much of a talker, but it looks like they had a fun time!!! wish we lived closer so they could play more often!

Unknown said...

I love the idea that Grandpa took the kids on a wagon ride. How many people can boast of that as child nowadays. So Cool. You always think of clever things like that!
Hey, I also wanted to say that I took some time to look over your fave sites and I love the tips and the take and makes. So FUN
Denise

Unknown said...

I love the idea that Grandpa took the kids on a wagon ride. How many people can boast of that as child nowadays. So Cool. You always think of clever things like that!
Hey, I also wanted to say that I took some time to look over your fave sites and I love the tips and the take and makes. So FUN
Denise

Nicole said...

Love the new 4th of July theme!