Thursday, August 12, 2010

First Day of School

Wednesday was the first day in eleven years that I was able to go to the store alone, with no one needing to watch my kids and all of them being in town. . .Yep, they are ALL in school!
Ryan started THIRD grade -- he was about as excited as he looks (not so excited)

 

Spencer is in ALL day Kindegarten at a neighborhood school -- he doesn't go with his brothers this year -- the story is, my mom's friend from when I was young, started teaching kindegarten this year, and she really is fabulous, and since she didn't have a long line wantin to be in her class yet. . .we got Spencer in!
 

Jacob started SIXTH grade this year -- really now, where has the time gone?! This picture cracks me up, because this could easily be Jake when he was the same age! I know why there are no "nice" smile pictures of Jake now -- thank goodness for Digital!
 

The one day that we were ready and waiing for the bus at Carol Rae was probably yesterday, so the kids made silly faces for the documentation of the year!
 
Posted by Picasa

Here's to a good year! I know I will enjoy the "break" and the shopping time while they are away -- but I do miss having the constant chatter of Spencer and the companionship of the other two! Next week, I SHOULD have super AWESOME wonderful stuff to show you. . .cross your fingers for me!

6 comments:

The Brown Life said...

That is great! I can't wait until next week when Torrey goes full day for 1st grade. Colton will for 31/2 hours and of course I will have Porter. Do you want him?

Allie said...

Crazy! Do you feel lonely yet? I am sad to think that even one of my little babies is going to school! Where are you moving? How exciting!!

Lorraine said...

I remember the day when Scott, my youngest, started kindergarten. As I walked away from the school I had tears in my eyes but I realized also that this was a major change in my life. But I find that things have been just as busy since then. Every season has its joys.

Emily said...

How exciting and kind of sad at the same time. Enjoy your time!

Nicole said...

So cool that you got to go to the store yourself! I must admit, I am jealous! Spencer will love kindergarten!! You better not change your workout time though!!

Becky and Brian said...

Fun for you! I can't believe Spencer is in school now.