Sunday, August 22, 2010

Home

This week, I have been pondering, when does a house become a home, and a home become a house?
We have been packing and moving from our first house to our next house. It has been a time of reflection for me. . .We bought our house new. We put in the yard, we took the walls from white to tan, we installed the tile, we put in new carpet, we installed the new faces on the cabinets and granite countertops. . .

 

It has been my home, probably no one will appreciate where it was to begin with to where it is now, but me. I still go in and look at things and it still has more than a boatload of memories, but I don't know if I can call it home.

We have kind of moved to our new house, and I think of the people who buildt it, and those that have lived here and wonder if they realize the impact of their actions on our family. I am anxious to get moved in and settled and wonder at what point this beautiful new to us house will begin to feel like home.
Farewell, sort of to our Princeton home and I look forward to our Barbarita home. . .

5 comments:

Nicole said...

You'll have that new house feeling like home in no time! OK it may take a week or two of unpacking and hanging up pictures, but it will soon be the DeGraffenried's home.

The Olsons said...

How fun a new home! Can't wait to see more pics of it! I think that it takes a while for a house to become a home. My biggest thing is adjusting to all of the "sounds" of the house but I am sure it will feel like home in no time.

Natalie said...

i agree with nicole! this is definitely a transition time in your life. it won't stay like that forever. good luck creating YOUR home! i think you are lucky!

Joseph said...

WOW I did not know you new house was that much bigger. I can't wait to see it.

Jenson Family said...

Home is where your crap is! After living in 4 places in the last 6 years, that has been my conclusion!!! I can't wait to see more pics of the house!! Congrats again!