Thursday, August 30, 2012

A Democrat in our House?!!!

Spencer always puts a smile on my face with the things he says. Sunday was no different. He was talking about the Pledge of Allegiance, he told us that it annoyed him to have to say it, and sometimes he didn't say it. We asked him why, which he proceeded to say, my teacher said that when you pledge allgiance, what you are saying is that you are promising your country that you will do your best, and sometimes he doesn't want to do his best. I proceeded to tell him that if he doesn't want to do his best he isn't going to want to be a cub scout because they always promise to do their best (he can't wait to be a cub scout). He thought for a few minutes and reported that he guessed he would say the pledge. He then proceeded to tell us that when he grew up he was going to be a gasp Democrat. Jake took it in stride and said ok Grandpa Knapp (my grandfather that I never knew was a Democrat) -- I guess we will have to see what becomes of my aspiring Democrat, but I sure love our Spencer boy!

2 comments:

Tasha said...

so cute! I can't believe how much they made selling sno cones...don't tell my girls they will be jealous they always want to sell stuff for money!

Unknown said...

I've no words to thanks you for your effort. dyed cotton yarn