Friday, April 5, 2013

First Quarter


The last day of first quarter this year, I had a huge dilemma. . .Shadow a student for eighth grade, or Battle of the Books for Ryan. . .same time different schools. . .what to do?
My mom agreed to go to Ryan's battle (he was the only one on his team battling -- go figure) and I went to Jacob's.  I was so torn and I was so thrilled to hear how awesome he was!  The pictures my mom took were so lonesome looking -- him up answering questions and BLOWING EVERYONE away!!!  He ended  up missing one but became the instant second favorite for every parent watching except for his Grandma :).  Note, this is in April, when I went to the other battles every parent told me what a good job he did.  The fact that Ryan did this independently (or even at all) blew me away -- Ryan doesn't like to be in the spotlight at all, and to be all alone, really wasn't something I thought he would do. . .proud, proud mama at this house :)

Jacob's schoold classes were fine.  I just have to say, there is a reason you go to school when you are young, I was a bit bored and stir crazy!  Glad that I could text and do things to keep busy!  :)
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: