Monday, October 13, 2008

Goldfield Mine

This week is our fall break. The boys have the week off school and mom has decided every day we need to do something! So, today, we went on an outing to Goldfield mine.

 

Goldfield Mine is a ghost town located abot twenty minutes from our house. It has a spectacular view of the Superstition Mountains. I also has a narrow guage train and a mine tour that you can go on, as well as many other attractions. We went on the train ride, it was all right, a twenty minute ride around the city and they did show you many of the sites and told some interesting facts about the area -- did you know the stage coach to Mesa from their was 5 hours?!
 

Our favorite was the gold mine tour -- the character that took us on the tour was someone that you could see as an old miner and they took you through a "mock mine" and you got a real view of what mines looked like in the late 1800's and some of the things that they did during those years. The guide had lot's of fun tidbits to add, and was engaging to the kids and the people going on the tour. The only draw back for the trip was really that they didn't take credit or debit cards, and I only had about 30 dollars. . . still it kept the boys happy for about 2 1/2 hours. Next time we go, the boys want to go pan for gold and go through the reptile museum. . . Jake will have to go next time. Reptiles and me, no thanks!
 
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Nicole said...

Your such a fun mom to take your boys out. That looks like a lot of fun.

RhubarbLady said...

Cousin Trisha here-your field trips look like so much fun! I'm going to have to take our children on more field trips around town. But I admit that even $30 would be a chunk of money for us. The mine tour sounded fun but I'm with you on the reptiles.

Mike and Maradel said...

We are glad you are making memories and having fun during your fall break. We love and miss you.

Jenson Family said...

How fun! I'd never heard of that! That is really cool. Way to go for being a good mom and keeping those boys busy during break!

Emily said...

what a fun idea! i am glad you are making fall break a fun time with fun field trips!

Natalie said...

Looks fun! I'm glad I couldn't go yesterday...I ended up feeling pretty yucky all day. But it looked like it was a good trip!

Here's to a better day....hmmm...maybe a day of quilting will make me feel better!!

Browns said...

Yikes. That 5 hour stage coach thing is crazyy!!!! looks like fun! Wish we were closer, Cooper needs someone to play cowboys with and i need company!!

Sara said...

I don't think I have been there. I will have to try it out some day. Looks like fun!

Jen Frost said...

Looks like you had a great Fall Break. It's good to see your blog.