Thursday, September 25, 2008

Oklahoma City

This past weekend, Spencer and I went out to visit Drew and Lauren who, with Cooper and Georgia are living there while Drew attends dental school. He is in his senior year and I knew that if I for sure wanted to go, I needed to get -- I got and we had a ball!!

Spencer and Cooper are kindred spirits and just understand each other and enjoy the same things -- I think in the entire visit there was maybe once or twice someone, besides baby Georgia, cried!! AMAZING! As a mother of boys, I am used to crying and get a bit concerned when noone cries. They were good little boys.

 

We got to go and see Drew's school -- I was Drew's assistant I wasn't a very good assistant, but I guess you get what you pay for -- we did a mold of Georgia's foot and then I mixed and poured the mold, I was supposed to get the air bubbles out, but I guess I am not a good assistant :) -- The boys had a good time just painting and keeping themselves busy using their imaginations!
 

We took the opportunity to go and see the Oklahoma City Memorial. What an incredible experience. The city and the country did a phenomenol job remembering the terrible evil and the wonderful lives and people that were impacted. I loved the recognition of the faith and strength that we receie from God -- I don't know if I am desensitized now, but it seems so rare that people recognize the goodness of God and the strength we recieve. . .
 

On Saturday Lauren and I took Cooper and Spencer shopping for some cowboy boots for Cooper and we found darling outfits for the two boys, they had to wear their cowboy clothes and of course we needed to document the time --
 
Posted by Picasa

We also went to the zoo, whenever we saw a cat ie a leopard or a lion, we would say look at . . . and Spencer would say no, that is a tiger! The tigers weren't out when we got to their area, so we don't know what Spencer would have said they were -- what a nut!

Thanks Drew and Lauren for putting up with us, we can't wait to come again!

7 comments:

Nicole said...

You got some great pictures! It looks like so much fun! I love how you posted your pictures like that, you'll have to show me how to do that!!

Mike and Maradel said...

I love the pictures! How did you post the pictures like that. I love it. I am really glad that Spencer and Cooper enjoyed each other. Thanks so much for posting.

Natalie said...

You are right, those vests are darling. I like the dark brown color! It's fun to just get away sometimes....I'm glad you got to go, even if it was just a few days.

Becky and Brian said...

Your trip sounded like it was so fun and relaxing. Spencer looks adorable and I like how you did the pictures also. Maybe you could teach a little class on posting pictures like that!

Browns said...

So I bought tickets, I am coming out the 28th and staying until the 11th so plan a party!!

Browns said...

I dont know why you need to send me money?

Becky Bevans said...

Looks like you had a great time Deana... The boys look so cute.