Monday, July 20, 2009

Tulsa and Beyond

Well, Spencer and I took a quick trip to Tulsa with my Sister in law and her two children (they actually live there but were visiting for the past 5 weeks) -- and we had such a blast!! Thanks for putting up with us. . .
We took the first day and went to this super cool aquarium just a few minutes from their house. The kids got to touch some sting rays, and small sharks and starfish. Spencer and Cooper were both a bit hesitant to do so. . .then we got to walk under where the sharks were swimming. That is always a bit creepy for me, and I know there was killer shark that was just licking his lips (the pictures were too dark to prove it). . .
quick

 

The next day, we went to route 66. . .Yep, now I can officially say for sure I have been there, I think I had been there in AZ, but I digress. One of the attractions is in a town named Catoosa, and it is a blue whale buildt on a lake. Yep it was buildt in the 70's. . .but a man made it for his wife, complete with a high dive and slide -- I am not sure how much he loved his wife looking at the water she was supposed to dive into. . .but he opened it to the public and now it is an attraction on route 66. We then went to a town named Owasso, yep, the names of their towns are a bit, um random, and they had a super fun park for the kids to play on.
 

On Friday, we went to Woolaroc and this was pretty. It was owned by the founder of Phillps 66, and it houses his private collection of artifacts and it is quite amazing. There is a wildlife preserve there too, and we were able to see lot's of different animals including an ostrich that Lauren fed and fortunately we were able to outrun the park ranger so she is still with us :).
 

That night, we had the opportunity to go to Oklahoma, the musical, in yep Oklahoma. Not many can say they have done that. . .but I have. It is actually a pretty good performance and kind of neat, it is an outdoor amphitheatre and the insects are loud around you. There are even fireflies to keep you entertained when there is intermission. I know, I am an Arizona girl and easily entertained. . .but we got to meet the cast, and needed a souvenier picture so we were high school girls getting one of our favorite actors in the play's picture.
 

Before we went home, we went to the most amazing park, it is one of the most beautiful picturesque places I have seen, now if I could have kept the kids still and had better skills. . .another day, another time. But we had fun and enjoyed seeing the beautiful country.


We are glad to be home for a few days and are looking forward to meeting up with Jacob and Ryan closer to the end of the week! Thanks Drew and Lauren, Cooper and Georgia for putting up with us, we can't wait until you get a house so we can visit again!

4 comments:

Emily said...

that looks like you had a such a fun time. when i moved to arizona we drove along route 66 and it cracks me up at all of the random places and thing that there are to see.

RhubarbLady said...

Wow-what a great summer! It looks like fun. I know I've been on route 66 at sometime during our many moves when I was growing up.

Nicole said...

Looks like you had a great time!

Sara and Dale said...

glad you are having a good time. That does look like a really pretty park!