Saturday, September 19, 2009

Busy!

I don't even have a single picture of my kids this post. . .amazing! But, I have been busy! They go off to school, and what do I do? Well, this week I was able to accomplish a lot of things. . .some of them were noteworthy. . .I was able to make the announcement for my neice Grace. She wasn't the most cooperative little girl, but we found a picture that would work. . .I thought the announcement turned out pretty cute.

 
Posted by Picasa

On Tuesday, Jake said the peaches needed to be done today. I had already started making bread, so I just got started canning the peaches, the peaches were AMAZING this year! Bigger than I have seen in a while, and I was able to put up 19 quarts. Yummy!
 

 

Now, if you are in my quilting class, don't get too excited by this next picture, chances are pretty good, that I won't be much further on my quilt when we go to our next class next month, but I might surprise myself. I had my first quilting class this past THURSDAY, got the pattern, had the fabric, and on Friday, went to my mom's house to have her friend that loves quilting, to have her help me with the flower color selection. We started, and she suggested I start tracing the pattern onto the fabric and she would start cutting out for me. Several hours later, we had the flowers all cut, the leaves done and the flowers all put together!
 

The quilt is not quite the color emphasis I had thought I would use, but I really think the quilt will be BEAUTIFUL! So, there were the highlights from my week!

Now, I am off to soccer for pictures and a game. . .an 11:00 game, it's going to be a hot one!

11 comments:

Sara said...

Holy cow! How did you get all that done????? I haven't even picked out my fabric yet! Everything you did looks great!

Allie said...

Very impressive Deana! You are quite the little homemaker. I wish I knew how to make bread and I also wish I knew how to quilt! You are awesome!

Emily said...

i think the quilt looks beautiful so far. wonderful work. i need to learn how to can. your peaches and homemade bread look amazing. i love the picture too! you are one busy woman!

Unknown said...

Your quilt looks so beautiful! What a great start. I just went and picked out my fabric today...I am so excited!

Nicole said...

Way to go! The announcement turned out so great! She's a cutie with all that dark hair!
Your quilt will be amazing! It's georgous! You've been working hard!

Natalie said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the quilt. I am very impressed by your diligence! Can the teacher give you and A for effort???

RhubarbLady said...

Thank you for sharing the canning, quilting, bread-making, announcement creating-it all looks wonderful and hopefully you got some time for you with and amongst the projects.

I love the color of fresh canned goods-they just seem to sparkle don't they? And I haven't had time to can anything this year. Harumph. I did make homemade crescent rolls a few days ago-very yummy.

Becky and Brian said...

Like the quilt and the announcement. You are very talented!

Leah Martineau said...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!! You already have that much done. I haven't even bought my material yet!! You are my hero!!! =) And you said you don't like to sew. AMAZING!!!

The Brown Life said...

THe quilt is beautiful. I think you need to come to my house and motivate me.

The Olsons said...

Your quilt is amazing! Those peaches look so good. Maybe some day I will learn to can...