Saturday, September 12, 2009

Still Alive

Ok, so, I am tired of seeing about the big adjustment in our chuch lives. . .we went last Sunday, and are excited to get acquainted with people. . .but we are BUSY with other things!

I have THREE mornings this year to MYSELF! I am so loving the time. . .I haven't had that much time since before I was a mom. . .so this is fun. I have decided to do some things th "were nice but I was too busy for it" things. The first thing I have started is a PHOTOGRAPHY class. I am really enjoying this one, it actually isn't a while the kids are at school one as it is online for a few weeks, but it will actually TEACH me how to use my SLR camera. If you are interested, the website I am using is www.jessicasprague.com and there are online classes. This class is taught every couple of months, and so far, so good!

I have also started taking a religion class on Thursday mornings, so very good, and even if you have little kids, if you live around here, you should come. There are lot's of moms there with littl ones. I have to leave early to volunteer in Ryan's class, and she doesn't mind that either --- very good!

The last thing, I am doing is making a QUILT! I am excited to start this process, and a bit nervous, but my friend has assured me that it isn't rocket science. . .so I am going to see how it goes. . .but I did get my quilt, and if I wasn't too lazy to get my camera, I would take a picture, but believe me, it is way cute. The quilt is a flower quilt, and I was a bit concerned about the fabric part and the practicality of it, but I was able to find fabric that wasn't too girly, so we shall see!

7 comments:

Sara said...

Can't wait to see the quilt. I just made my first one last month. I am planning on doing Natalie's class too. See you next Thursday at institute!

RhubarbLady said...

Please, please, please keep us updated on the quilt! I hope the classes go well because classes are good-they remind us that we have more brain cells than ever rather than a loss of brain cells.

I want to start quilting but who knows now that I'm going back to school also but I'm going full time. I've starting reading the quilting series by Jennifer Chiaverini and I'm currently on the 4th book, The Runaway Quilt.

Emily said...

i can't wait to see pictures of the quilt. i am sure it is very cute. i just took Oh Shoot! from Candice... is that what class you are in right now? I loved it. Good luck with all of the classes and enjoy the time to yourself!

Becky and Brian said...

What fun activities! One of these days I will make a quilt just so I can say I did. Can't wait to see how yours turns out.

Nicole said...

You are awesome! You go on that quilt! Thats fun, can't wait to see it!

Natalie said...

Yay! It looks like others are quilt lovers too! {You must have good friends!!} You have nothing to worry about, your fabric is DARLING. I would love to have a stash of that fabric line in my collection!

I'm glad you are going to the religion class. I had to seriously think about that one for me. As much as I wanted to take the class, I knew it wasn't my season.

And good luck on the photography! If you need any posers, ya know girls or babies...let me know! I have some of those readily available at my home!!

Allie said...

Look at you, Deana! Way to be productive when the kiddos are gone. I think I would just sit on my booty all day! I would love to see how your quilt turns out