Sunday, August 30, 2009

Best Foot Forward

Today, we were the victims or the blessed souls, don't know which you want to say it was. . .of a ward boundary realignment. We have been in our house and been involved in now four different re-alignments in the soon to be nine years we have lived there.

We have truly loved our Bishop and all of our ward members and it is a bitter taste to anticipate the change that we will certainly experience. I am glad that I have had to change wards, six times in the course of my married life. NO, the change isn't totally easy, but I have loved every ward that I have been in . . .I guess I can say I am excited about the new people that we are going to LOVE. . .

This realignment, they didn't announce beforehand that there would be change, it just became apparent when there were no extra people there and two members of the stake were on the stand and our new Bishop. I have a cold, so I didn't feel good, so fortunately I got some Kleenex prior to church. I was through that and pretty much composed UNTIL when the member of the Stake Presidency, (all of my old and new Bishops were on the stand two are in the Stake) said they would like to invite Deana DeGraffenried to bear HER testimony!!!! Say WHAT?!!!! My kids kept me up to date on how red my face was turning while I was antiicpating that. . .I made it through. . .but I was now a label for the rest of the day.

My feet are ready to move onward to our NEXT ward and I am grateful that I can relax and just EXPECT that my new ward is going to be FANTASTIC because I will learn to love as I serve in that ward!!! Durango will always have a place in my heart, but so will Fort Collins 2nd ward, Greenfield ward, Bridlegate Ward, 6th Ward. . .I am grateful that I can maintain the relationships I have and am eager to meet and rub shoulders as I serve with others. Here is to my best foot being put forward!

9 comments:

RhubarbLady said...

I love your post! That's the attitude we should have about so many changes in life-putting our best foot forward. We've had a lot of changes lately and we're trying to be focusing on the positive with new routines and schedules.

On a side note, it's been so long since we've had a boundary change. We've been in the same ward with the same people for the 11+ years we've lived in our home. I love our ward yet I think I would be okay staying here or having change.

Unknown said...

I really like your attitude. Here's to change... :)

Emily said...

yeah, deana, you are so positive. durango ward was enormous. what ward are you now?

Nicole said...

Durango ward will greatly miss the Degraffenried family!! Good thing I didn't count on just going to church to see you. The Paige ward is lucky to have you!!

Sara said...

I will miss seeing your family on Sundays! You did a great job sharing your testimony on such short notice and right after the news. I don't know if I would have been able to get anything out!

Allie said...

you are so awesome, deana! i've always admired you! how did they split the ward? that is so sad, but change is good, right? i really miss the durango ward

Becky and Brian said...

You and your family will be missed! We were gone on Sunday but heard about your wonderful testimony!

Natalie said...

I have to agree with everyone....your testimony was heartfelt. As I listened from the mother's lounge I could almost hear your heart beat!! Some of the best testimonies are the "on the spot" ones. You did great! And we'll muscle through this change together!

The Olsons said...

That is too bad but you are looking at it the best way! I wish we were still in the Durango ward too.