Monday, August 10, 2009

And we're back

The first day of school was on MONDAY this year for my kids. Baah, humbug!! My early morning of working our at 5 am, was interrupted with me going to FOUR different stores in search of non perforated spiral notebooks (they no longer make them) with no luck -- Followed by another trip to Safeway to grab a different color notebook they have to be different and I only had the same color and I was up early and thoroughly frustrated. . .

I hit the old McDonalds to get my boys absolute favorite -- at least I didn't give them doughnuts for the first day. . .and the rat race began.

Ryan is in second grade this year. His teacher is Mrs. Baker and he is not a very confident person and was so worried about school this year. . .I was sure relieved that he came home with a good day and a happy expression!

 

Jacob is in fifth grade this year and he seemed to like his teacher, Mrs. Allison just fine. I must say, I am so grateful they are giving us a reprieve on spelling this week -- next week that grind will start. . .
 

I grabbed a picture of them on their way to class -- love the Roman statue look!
 

Ahh, I already am looking forward to summer vacation next year -- the structure is good, but the rest. . .well, we are back!
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

April said...

I am still getting used to seeing Ryan with 2 front teeth. They look so grown up. I will come by and see your kitchen this week! It looks great, but I have to see it in real life.