Wednesday, August 5, 2009

One a Day

So, when we came home from Utah, we brought Eddie my 9 year old nephew with us. It was super hot here so we had to be creative on our activities while he was here. I promised them one fun thing every day. So, that made me be a little creative on my one fun thing EVERY DAY. I had a lot of extra things going on, so it sometimes was a stratch to find the ONE fun thing. . .But, I learned a lot of fun things that the valley has to offer.

The day after we got home, we spent the day waiting for the garage door to get fixed, a bike messed it up, so we hung out at home most of the day. This day was two fold on the one fun thing. . .a trip to the dollar store in the morning so there wouldn't be mass anarchy and then in the afternoon, we went to Mesquite Aquatic Center on Riggs and Val Vista. This was a super fun area! They have a lazy river, a play structure and whirlpool area! It is only 50 cents for kids and a dollar fifty I think for adults. School is in session in Chandler, so we couldn't use the swimming pool or diving pool, but the other part is running unti mid August! Fun times, but take a lunch, it is a hike out there!

Day two of fun: the Phoenix ZOO! Now, I don't ahve all my memory cards, but it was fun -- HOT but fun. We went rather early in the morning, and spent about three hours there! There was hardly anyone there -- remember it is HOT -- but the best part was the kids got in FREE! Loved that part!

Day three of fun: remember I had a lot going on? My wonderful dad took all of them to G-Force at Harkins, and with popcorn t-shirts and two dollar soda cups, they had a blast! They liked the movie, can't report on more than that!

Day four of fun: Makutu's Island -- This was really a fun place to go! The kids really liked riding all of the slides and climbing. I signed my three up for the Kids Club, so they got free socks and t-shirts and in for FREE! That was nice, but it is $8.50 a kid and $3.50 an adult. There are other things that you can throw money at -- video games like Chuck E Cheese, and a snack bar. . .but I liked taking my book and letting the kids play!

 

 

Day five of fun: Church -- well maybe not fun, but that is what we did. . .
Day six of fun: The Arizona Science Center -- we loved that place! They have a legos exhibit there right now, right up my kids alley, so they played there for a long time. They also enjoyed stopping the water on the sand table. . .forces of nature too. I thought the digital room was so cool! They have some pretty amazing technology in that room. We also rode the light rail down to the museum and back -- we all enjoyed that ride too -- if you go in the later morning (9:45) and leave earlier afternoon like 2ish, there really aren't a lot of people on the train. . .fun times.

 

 

Anyway, we are glad Eddie came to visit and I really am glad that I got forced to go and explore Phoenix and find "another fun thing to do"! Thanks Eddie for coming!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Sara said...

That was great to hear all the fun places you went to. I'll have to try that pool

Becky and Brian said...

Fun activities! We just went to the mesquite aqua center yesterday and it was a fun place. It is great that it is so cheap!

Nicole said...

You guys did lots of fun things!!

Browns said...

Yah sounds fun! I wish I could have checked out that pool on Val Vista!