Saturday, March 5, 2011

Working out in the field

When we bought our house, one of Jake's main purposes of liking this house was the empty back lot. He loved the idea of having somewhere to teach our boys "hard work". . .that and he loves to do farming kind of things. . .So, yesterday, he got off work about the time the boys did and they went to work. . .

 

Near quitting time, I went out to see. . .
 

Jake said that Ryan worked like he was killing snakes. I held my breath when I saw Spencer using the pick . . . I guess that is why I pray for safety for my boys all of the time :). Jake said Jacob worked hard and Spencer too. . .they were able to hoe all of the weeds and the ground, I guess is ready to plant.
 

Jake is excited and they even cleaned up their mess. I was happy.
 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

RhubarbLady said...

Wow! I've been able to prune a little but it's still far too muddy to try and plow or dig up the garden.

I'd love to hear how the fruit trees progress! We've got a couple of good apricot-bearing trees but that's about it. Grapefruit sound heavenly!

Tasha said...

Love your french roses quilt! So cute & you did a great job! Jake sounds like Dave. He loves doing those kind of things too, which I agree is great for kids!