Sunday, August 21, 2011

A New School Year. . . .

The first day of school take two. . .hate it when I fight with my computer/blog and it/they win :). . .

So we have been in school about ten days so far. . .

This year I sent Jacob off to the JUNIOR HIGH!!! I remember so clearly dropping him off at kindegarten or even better yet, his first day of PRESCHOOL!! Where does the time go? I was nervous sending Jacob to the Junior High as there are classes and Jacob time, had to end. . . I really worried about whether he would be able to get from one place to another. . .He did fine the first day and so far, he has been very happy! I am relieved and very grateful. He really seems to enjoy his classes, and is finding them interesting but not as challenging as Neely. I am grateful for that. He enjoys some new found freedoms of going to the library and using their computer in the early morning and at lunch time -- we allow very little computer time at our house. . .so I am glad he has figured out a system that works for him.

Ryan started FOURTH grade this year!!! He had a rough year last year, so he was DREADING going back to school, and to be honest, so was I. But, he went and he seems to enjoy his teacher and school isn't nearly as bad as he thought it would be. He was proud of his reading comprehension level, and so far is doing the things he hates (he loves to read, but testing on AR? He HATES it) so I am pleased about that. I did tell Ryan that if he complained about this year, I was pulling him out and sending him to the neighborhood school. He has not said one negative word this year. Happy day!


Spencer was SOOOO excited about going to first grade at NEEELY! His whole life he has been hearing about his brothers' school and going to activities, and then last year, I sent him to a different school, so this is a HUGE treat for him. He seems to be very happy even after the first full week of school. I had some trepidation as rumor is his teacher is a tough teacher, but he and she seem to get along fine. I am a happy mom. Last night, he went to a play date to a friend of mine who has a son in Spence's class. On the way, he told me the key to a successful year was Play dates -- who knew???

Spencer demanded pictures of he and Ryan in fact I had a hard time getting one of just Ryan as Spencer was just so thrilled to be going with his brother to school. I wish that I could have had the three brothers pictures taken, but alas, they go to school at different times and they weren't all ready.

Spencer got a little nervous waiting to go into the classroom. But, I was happy to pick him up with the BIGGEST smile on his face!! I love that boy!

Now, that they are all in school. . .what to do with all of my free time?! I wish -- the free time just gets eaten up with the list of things that "need to be done!"

2 comments:

Natalie said...

i love that you have all day to get your stuff done!

Mike and Maradel said...

I love the pictures of all of the boys! I am so pleased that they are happy to be in school!