Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Political Activist?

 

So, here I am, standing up for the marriage amendment on the ballot in Arizona. I have made telephone calls for this amendment and I thought that would be enough. Well, yesterday, I got an e-mail that was very urgent, stating that they needed our time and to stand at our polling site and share information for this proposition as it is very close. I was very uncomfortable with doing this, but I had the time and Spencer was in preschool, so here I am with a fellow "activist" standing up for family! I hope and pray that it passes in Arizona, but come what may, I guess if I am asked to stand for important issues, I will, whether I am comfortable or not! Forunately, where I live, there weren't any of the opposition at the polling place. . . but we still had some angry people . . . gratefuly, we had many that said thanks!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Sara said...

Good for you! I am curious what the angry people said.

Jenson Family said...

My family is going through the same thing in California, and the battle is sooo heated! I spent last week down there and it was a battlefield. I am more concerned about prop 8 (CA) than about the presidential election at this point. Mostly for my childrens' sake. So much is at hand. It's critical. Way to "Stand for truth and righteousness"!

Nicole said...

YES on prop 102!! Glad you were able to go do that!!

RhubarbLady said...

Cousin Trisha here-Wow! I didn't do much for campaigning since I was an election judge and there's a conflict of interest (plus we just didn't have much controversy.) But I have to tell you how proud I am that I know people (especially family!) that are willing to stand up for what is right in the face of a world that often makes choices based on desire-not righteousness. We're rooting for you!

Mike and Maradel said...

We admire your courage. We don't understand why what we consider righteous is considered by others hate. I guess we aren't supposed to think there is a right or wrong to anything!