Friday, January 9, 2009

Goldfield Mine

On Monday, the older boys went back to school. We had hoped to get to the train park with Drew, Lauren, and Cooper, but hadn't made it, so I suggested riding the train at Goldfield. It was fun! The weather was cloudy when we arrived, in fact the Superstition's were cloud covered, the train ride which is about a 20 minute ride was longer, because of the rain -- and perfect for a ride! On our way back to the station, the clouds began to lift, and the Superstitions, were BEAUTIFUL!!!

 

The boys were pretty excited about riding the "Thomas Train" and the engineer was interesting enough for th eadults, and the scenery was breathtaking!
 

This time, we just walked around the ghost town, and got suckered in on going to a reptile exhibit that was way more expensive than it was worth and CREEPY! (They brag about having the largest collection of rattle snakes that are privately held!) --honestly though, WHO would want to have a RATTLESNAKE in their POSSESSION?!!! I mean really! Cooper and Spencer found it exciting, Lauren and I, well CREEPY would be my word! In and Out on the way home = good time!
 

 
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Nicole said...

That place looks like a lot of fun. I'll have to take my girls there sometime.

Mike and Maradel said...

Oh it look soooo cooooold. Not! We love you. today was actually nice here!

Allie said...

That is a fun place! Not much to do other than the train, but my kids loved it too! It sure is pretty up there!

Natalie said...

I love those beautiful days! And yes, what boys wouldn't just love riding on trains!! FUN FOR SURE!

Browns said...

I am so mad, All the pics I took that day were on the low quality setting for some reason..Cooper is still asking to go to Spencer's every day. Poor Cooper:( We sure had fun with you guys!