Monday, January 26, 2009

We've Got CHICKENS, Again!

When Jake volunteered to go and get the boys this afternoon, I should have suspected something, but I didn't.
He had been working outside all day, but that isn't unusual, we had considered chickens before, but Jake had decided our dog, Sunny was too much of a bird dog, so they wouldn't survive. I guess I was wrong, we are now the proud owners of four baby chicks, and no, the HOA doesn't allow them, but we have had them before and no one cared, so we will see how they go. The boys, to say the least are ecstatic!!!! Spencer came bouncing in from the store screaming we have chickens! Jacob and Ryan both proudly announced they had held them. . . Ryan sat outside and watched them while he ate his snack. . .now the question will be will Sunny let them alone, or how long will they last? For now, we have chickens, again. The first time around, our old dog was a puppy and he played a little rough with the last one, and the other ones the coyotes got them!

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Nicole said...

They are so cute! I hope they survive the dog!

Jenson Family said...

OMG how exciting! Keep us posted!

Allie said...

How fun! I"m sure your boys will have a ball!

Natalie said...

So cute! I'll have to let my kiddos come see them! Hopefully they'll last that long!

Sara said...

We loved having chickens in Tempe. Ours grew up to lay bluish green eggs! Megan would carry the chickens around like babies!

Becky and Brian said...

Fun! We had chickens when I was growing up and some of them got attacked by dogs when we were on vacation once. Not a pretty site.