Sunday, February 8, 2009

One of Jake's Dreams Fulfilled

Ever since Jake and I have been married, he has talked about having "Bishop Perkins make him a saddle when we could afford it". I asked the first time he mentioned it how much they were, and since it was more than we could afford, I knew it was one of those dreams that might, or might not be fulfilled.

Last summer, Jake and I flew home a few days before our boys did, and he we drove past Bishop Perkins saddlery and he said should I have him start that saddle? I didn't point out that he didn't have a horse, before I answered, I just said, go for it. So, last July he ordered his saddle, and half was put down on the saddle. We laughed how that was all of his Christmas, Birthday, Anniversary etc gifts for a REALLY long time and moved on. At Christmas, the saddle wasn't done and I got him some gifts, even though it was his really long time gift, the boys would think we didn't love him, wouldn't they? So, Friday night Bishop Perkins called AFTER we got home from temple night (like 10:30) and I panicked when the phone rang, what is wrong in Utah, handed Jake the phone, low and behold he was down in AZ WITH Jake's saddle!!! So, last night, he pikce up his saddle. . .

 

He made some chaps to go with the saddle.
 

I guess Bishop Perkins had an auction down here for cowboy stuff and showed off his saddle and chaps to others. He built a saddle horse to show the saddle at it, and just gave that to Jake, so I am sure the saddle will get lots of breaking in on the "horse"
 

Look, there is even room for two!
 
Posted by Picasa

Ryan was interested in the chaps, even tried them on, they will probably fit in about four or five years!

Well Jake, happy everything for about the next long while, love ya, and thanks for all your sacrifices for us! -- one more side note, when we picked up the saddle, Ryan asked Bishop Perkins why there were acorn on the saddle, he said it was because a nut made it, and I said no, it was because a nut was buying it and riding it :)!

5 comments:

RhubarbLady said...

Cousin Trisha here - That was considerate of both of you to work together to get Jake a saddle. My dad still has his saddle which has some pretty intricate leatherwork. He also has some pretty funny horse stories.

Browns said...

How neat! Your house is turning into a farm, with all the chickens and saddles and horses...I put pictures of Georgia in her clothes you gave her on my blog. She looks cute!!

Jenson Family said...

That's a cute story! Now, when does he get the horse?? Will it go out back with the chickens?? How sweet and patient of you to help your man fulfill one of his childhood dreams!

Natalie said...

Fancy shmancy stuff there! Jake deserves it!

Nicole said...

Ridem Cowboy! Now you need to plan a trip to Knosh so he can use it on a real horse.