Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Happy EIGHTH Birthday RYAN!

Ok, so I have already lost some of the pictures for this post. Oh well. We celebrated Ryan's EIGHTH birthday on January 11th! I can't believe that he is EIGHT! Here are eight facts about Ryan:


1. He is a good middle child, he is the peacemaker of the brothers. Spencer looks forward to Ryan coming home from school and playing with him, or reading to him or even teasing him. He gets along well with Jacob too, idolizing his big brother and letting Jacob have his way most of the time. :)

2. Ryan loves his mom. Really, he likes to be around me and help me. I couldn't love it more, the other two love me, but prefer Jake.

3. Ryan loves to read, he will read anything he can find, he particularly loves Calvin and Hobbes, but feels sorry for Calvin's parents because they have to play Santa for Calvin. He thinks that some of the tricks that Calvin plays would be wonderful, but knows that if he tries, Calvin would go very far away. :)

4. Ryan loves to hear stories from Jake from when he was a kid, actually he likes my stories, but I think all of my boys can identify with Jake and the boy antics from when he was a boy better. He also loves snow, he doesn't get to play in it often cause Jake and I hate it!

5. Ryan has the best imagination! He can imagine anything in the world happening and sometimes it isn't very good in the middle of the night! He used to love to dress up all of the time and be someone -- when he was really little, he used to strip down to nothing but a diaper, but once I got a Peter Pan costume for him to wear and a sword for Peter Pan, he loved to dress in that costume and he has stayed dressed ever since!

6. Ryan always tries to do his best. He likes to be the most extreme, it used to be he was the best behaved in his primary class (he had all girls) now, he is probably a little more to the other extreme in Primary!

7. Ryan has never been afraid of things that are too hard -- he knocked his tooth out when he was two or three when he was trying to pull his big brother up onto something he had climbed. . . I miss his knocked out tooth, at the time I was melting but it kind of identified and defined who Ryan was!
8. I lost my last pictures bummer, oh well. Ryan loves to learn about the gospel and set goals to be better. He doesn't like being forced to do things, but if you let him decide to do something, he will do awesome!
Here are a few things about Ryan, we love having him in our home and are proud of who he is!

2 comments:

Emily said...

What a cute, fun little boy. The pictures are great! I hope he had a good birthday!

Nicole said...

That's a great post! Happy late Birthday Ryan! The Birthday cake turned out great!