Sunday, January 31, 2010

Spotlight on ME

In my new ward, I was asked to spotlight myself -- now really, how hard is it to make yourself sound interesting?! But I did my best, they changed it and spotlighted me but some if it was lost in translation. . .so, here is the spotlight on myself, by me! For those who know me well, sorry, no big surprises, but for those who don't. Well, I tried to make myself sound interesting :)!

I am the second oldest child of six, the oldest girl and I have four brothers. I am originally from Globe, Arizona, but spent time in the Seattle area of Washington, Colorado, Idaho and Utah. My dad was a veterinarian and when I was around ten, I vowed I would never marry a veterinarian. . .and guess what I learned? You don't make vows when you are ten! I am happily married to a veterinarian, Jake. We have three energetic boys, Jacob 10, Ryan 7, and Spencer 5.

I enjoy being busy and tend to pack more in my day than I probably should. . .but I love what I do (at least most of the time). When I am not busy taking care of my boys, you might find me helping Jake with his business, paying his bills or running the endless errands. I also might be doing some of the fun things that I love doing, reading, working on the computer, traveling, planning my next trip (did I say I LOVE traveling?), shopping (having no girls, I compensate by buying cute outfits for my numerous neices and friends daughters!), exercising, crafting, blogging, finding good deals, and visiting with my friends.

In college, I studied nursing and got my RN. I have found that it has come in handy with my boys and their mishaps! I like the color red, anything that I don't have to prepare for dinner -- I especially love eating out :). I am excited to get to know all of you!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

You had to do a spot light on you?? Interesting... well, those are some great things for them to know about Deana!

Jenson Family said...

What a great post! I enjoyed it. I wanted to add that Deana would do anything for anyone, and freqently does just that! She is AMAZING! Miss my neighbor...

The Phelps said...

I loved your spotlight! I learned some new things about you even though I've been down the street from you for almost 4 years! Thanks for picking up my load and visiting teaching with me this week. You are so great and always willing to help anyone anytime!