Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Glazed BBQ Ribs

So, since I have been having the kids helping me a little more with cooking. They have had to help pick what we eat. This is an adventure and has helpe me stretch how I make or what I make with different food. Jacob has chosen some pretty amazing food. The BBQ is something that I like but use for steak and hamburgers and hotdogs and a few other things. . .when Jacob showed me what he wanted to make, I thought let's just have baby back ribs and make them the way that I know, but he insisted. . . so we tried this recipe, and it is AMAZING. They are super easy, and yesterday when Safeway and Bashas didn't have the boneless pork ribs when I was in there at 6 in the morning, I just used country style ribs -- but I think any pork would be awesome with this recipe. . .so, if you need a yummy BBQ rib recipe, here is a SUPER easy one, I fed 12 people and with store bought rolls, and ice cream sandwiches for dessert, I only was cooking for about 35 minutes last evening!

Glazed BBQ Ribs
Ingredients
3 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
3/4 cup pineapple juice
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup white wine
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
6 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
Directions
Place ribs in a large shallow glass container. Pierce several times with a fork.
In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; set aside 1/2 cup for basting. Pour the remaining marinade over ribs. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning once.
Drain and discard marinade. Grill ribs, covered, over indirect medium heat for 10 minutes on each side. Baste with some of the reserved marinade. Grill 20-25 minutes longer or until juices run clear and meat is tender, turning and basting occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I can attest to the delishiousness of those ribs!! Thanks D for sharing them with our family! (I had them for lunch today too!) :)

Natalie said...

yummo! your kids are going to be great cooks! their mission companions will love them!