Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Water Balloons!

Last week, our amazing scout leaders at church had a FANTASTIC scout camp -- hopefully, they will share their pics -- but one of the things that we had to do was bring water balloons -- Jacob got invited to come as well, because they were nice like that. . .but, the balloons, wow it takes a LONG time to fill!!!! Especially when you have to fill them two days in a row! So, I being the mom, got to fill most of the balloons, because we had to hurry. . .so, I was cranky, especially when I had "help". Imagine my surprise on Friday evening when. . .
I came outside to find this:

 

 

 

I think all of the boys are now official water balloon fillers and can TIE them THEMSELVES! Hallelujah!! I have to say Ryan just learned on Thursday how to tie the balloons!!

This summer we are busy listening to and reading books! I love it! I am always on the hunt to find a good book for me, and then books for my boys. I haven't gotten to read mom books lately, but I did read/listen to a FANTASTIC mom book -- The Help -- loved it! I also read The Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet -- it is good, but not as good as The Help -- so, if you have any good mom books, will you pass on the book?

All of my boys like books -- wonder where they got that :) but I can't keep on all of the books they read and I want them to read books that are appropriate but will keep them entertained, so, I have some books to pass on if you are looking for fun books for your kids -- The Red Pyramid book, I have gotten just a little way in, but so far, I think my kids are going to LOVE it -- all of the books are totally boy/girl friendly -- the books we are liking, or series we have just finished are:

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Emily said...

That is awesome that your boys love to read! A good book is so relaxing!

Jenson Family said...

Lindsey got a huge set of Roald Dahl books and has really enjoyed them all (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, James and the Giant Peach, etc.) She just got the Fablehavens for her birthday, and I've heard those are great.

Jenson Family said...

Be my friend on Goodreads so you can see what I've read... Are you on there?

RhubarbLady said...

We second the Roald Dahl books-at least most of them. Thank you for the reminder about the new Riordan series! Sarah is hold number 456 for Red Pyramid. Our local library (where I still work!) has lots of suggestions for books at different ages at: http://www.slcolibrary.org/kz/kzkr/

Sara said...

I can't wait for my kids to tie their own water balloons! Myself and the kids enjoyed Wayside school sideways stories. The diary of a Wimpy kid might be good too. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the movie with the kids.

n/a said...

Grace said her favorite books are 1-2-3 (the book the hospital sent her home with), if her cousins want to borrow it, she will share or read it to them----sadly, the only thing I am reading are scriptures and GC talks on the ipod, Grace has decided that she likes the sound of ripping pages as she tears up my scriptures....