Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Summer Vacation

With summer is full swing, I have had to be creative to keep my boys busy. I have some goals for them and one of the top goals is keeping them from camping in front of the TV, the computer and away from video games. Oh yeah, and I decided to keep life easy so not so many outside activities. . .
So. . .I have each of them come up with things either they want to cook (can not include things they already make), science experiments, and craft projects. . . Then, I gave them the assignment of throughout the summer taking pictures of letters in nature. . .
So, we introduced the concept of the letters yesterday, Jacob had fun just in our backyard looking for letters.

 

 

 

Well ok, some aren't without help -- but it is kind of fun. . .
For those who don't know Jacob well, he is NOT a morning kid. He hates getting up, and would rather sleep until noon (I loathe his teenage years). . .
But, he chose to make a recipe that is an overnight pancake batter and strawberry syrup. . .so, this morning, when I told him if he wanted to make breakfast for his dad he had to get up -- he got up willingly and made the YUMMIEST pancakes. We are using the recipes from Quick Cooking, (www.tasteofhome.com will give you their recipes too) and they are easy enough for beginner cookers yet still yummy!
 

The pancakes nd syrup were delicious, and will definitely be made again, and we were able to have success on two other points!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Good job Jacob on the pancakes! What a fun outdoor alphabet game you came up with!

Emily said...

That is so awesome! The pictures of the alphabet are such a cute idea. It is going to get so hot, so soon so inside activites are a great idea (minus tv and video games)!! Those pancakes look delicious. Way to go Jacob!!

Becky and Brian said...

Great idea! I will have to try that website!

Allie said...

You are such a creative mom! I want to be like you!... my kids are parked in front of the TV as we speak! :) oh, and i love the look of your "new" house!

The Brown Life said...

Jacob can come to Colorado anytime and make me pancakes. Good job on your quilt square too.