Sunday, May 22, 2011

Lest I Forget

We are winding down our school year. In fact, one of the boys has a count down on my white board, and there is only four dots until "fun dai" - you can guess who is doing the count down :). . . This year, I have had a few traditions each afternoon, some that I love, and some, I loathe. . .the feelings change.

Tradition one. Spencer has gone to a different school than his brothers this year. We have LOVED his teacher, but it has necessitated that I take him to and from each day. Mornings when my older two miss the bus are tricky, but otherwise, it has worked.

 

Afternoon pickups, have been different story, I wait for Spence for about thirty minutes so I don't have to deal with the line of cars. I have loved watching him come running out of the school, with the news of the day. Many times he will blow up the school, or talk about killing the "emeny". I wish that he wasn't destroying, but it is all Spencer.
 

Our next stop is picking up the "brothers" -- we usually have time to stop at home for a couple of minutes, and then it is off to pick them up. It is fun to have Spence in the car -- he has been doing that with me since he was born -- and trying to guess from which direction they will be coming and how many cars we can count going by before they get there. I am always amused at how they get off the bus -- Ry is either bouncing off the wall -- having had one of his more "famous" days, or moping kind of like Eyeore -- when queried about those days, the response is "I don't want to talk about it"
 
Posted by Picasa

Jacob usually is one of the last off the bus, with his nose buried deep in a book, totally unaware of the comings and goings around him. I am going to miss this, or maybe I won't -- next year, it will be Jacob coming home first and maybe he will come with me to pick up the brothers. . . Here is to a great school year!

0 comments: