Saturday, March 10, 2012

Complicated Sense

Jacob had an Industrial Technology class this semester at school.  He told me early on that he was doing his bridge himself, as he doesn't like working in groups most of the time.  So, naturally, I worried, but just hoped he would be able to handle the time frame they were having to do the project in, and get a decent grade.  I didn't ask much about it, and forgot about it after a while.  So, when he told me about a week ago that his bridge was able to take a 148 amount of pressure, I was curious about what the measurement they used, he said I don't know, lbs was the abbreviation. You mean it took a 148 pounds of pressure?!! I guess so, I asked how much pressure was the highest -- "oh I don't know, about 128 pounds."  His teacher told him that he had the record in his class period. 
I was talking to him on the way to school about it, and he said that most kids think bridge building is hard, but for him it is almost common sense, he paused for a minute and said for him it is complicated sense.  Here is a picture of his complicated sense -- way to go Jacob!
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Mike and Maradel said...

Good job Jacob! I am glad you enjoyed building it!