Friday, May 1, 2009

I am SPOILED

A while ago, I went to a class with some of my friends, and they were lamenting that they would love a cricut. I have never really cared to have one, never had much time for crafting except for like once in a long while, and why invest the money into it? Well, my boys are a bit older and I have had some challenges that I have needed to take a time out of sorts for myself. I know that probably doesn't make sense, but oh well. So, I started doing some craft projects, I think I have done more crafting in the last five months than I allowed in the past five years! But that is another lament. I found with my projects that I was either having to cut letters out meticulously by hand (way over rated) or go to the scrapbook store and use their die cut machine which usually necessitated taking a lot of time away from my house not to mention the money I was spending. . . So, about two months ago, I decided that if I got a cricut, I would be able to use the recources that I had at home not to mention the TIME I would be Saving?!!! So, I am the proud owner of a cricut machine. I think I will really like it, I have some bitter sweet experience so far. . .but I am learning QUICKLY little tidbits that have made all the difference and I was able to cut out letters for some blocks I did this evening totally in like TEN minutes! That was having to retry a couple of things twice too! Love that!
So with that said, here is one project that all my cute sisters in law in Utah are doing this weekend, at least I hope they are doing it :) -- and then the following is part of a project that I did today -- I would show it all to you, but one of the letters is missing some bling and well, truth be known, I was supposed to be in Utah to help with this get together today and tomorrow, but I am not. . .so, I had to mail the project to them and some of my bling is there and not here. Anyway, if you are in need of a cricut, I guess I am coming out, give me a call and I will hook you up!

 

 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Mike and Maradel said...

I'm glad you are enjoying it. But what are you missing? I have no idea what that is. Love you !

Emily said...

deana, those are so cute! my mom got a cricut for christmas. it was pretty cool. i hope you enjoy it!

Nicole said...

You have been a crazy crafter lately!! Your inspiring me! You've done such cute, cute things!!

Jenson Family said...

I wish we still lived down the street because then we could trade Cricut cartridges! I have mine, but I must admit, I don't use it very often... But I don't get to scrapbooking very much these days... I need to though!