Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Sad Story

Ok, so my husband is a vet. You would think that animals would live a long and happy life at our house? Right?
Well, we have a sad story to tell. Jacob got a fish from school that they had studied in science, it survived 20 4th graders, and since it was still living, it came to our house. So, we got to go and get all of the things for his fish. Well, Spencer came with me to the good ole Wal-Mart, and 1.50 or so later we were the proud owners of five more fish, two per kid righ?

 

The kids were excited! An animal inside and something they could take care of! The dream of all involved!
 

THe fish survived getting home from the store and transferring to the bowl, this is amazing, our last fish lasted one week, and I somehow killed it changing the water!
 

So, this is a done deal, well, errr, maybe not. We took teh kids and went on an outing to Globe and we came home, the fish were still fine, Spencer got put to bed, the boys stayed up watching tv, and I went to read. The next thing you here, umm, mom, one of the fish isn't moving at the bottom of the tank! Yep, it is dead. The next morning, another fish is dead!
 

We make it to Monday, three fish. On Tuesday, TWO more die!!!!!! We are now the proud owners of one fish! I consider going to the store and getting more, but I don't know. . . Will they be another set that bite the dust?! Unfortunately, Jake didn't study goldfish in school. I have a feeling, that Jacob's dream of his fish living ten years won't come to fruition! (They taught the kids that fish will live up to ten years in school -- now WHERE does that happen?!)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

RhubarbLady said...

We actually have had pretty good success with our white clouds-no heater, no filter, just a 2.5 gallon tank, gravel and only lite feeding 2-3 times a week. They were suppose to live 1 year and they've lived 3+ years. Most fish die from being overfed and/or overcrowding with the resulting pollution in the tank. Only one inch of fish per 1 gallon of water.

Natalie said...

Fish NEVER last in this house either. Whoever says they live for YEARS? I've never heard of that.

I think goldfish were created to teach kids the plan of salvation!

Browns said...

So sorry about the fish! I HATE FISH!!! They are nasty and die! It has been a long time since I looked at blogs! I totally agree with your mother's day post! Mother's day always makes me feel guilty..and unloved!!! My mom adn grama dont like it either. That is funny. We are coming the 12th! cant wait to see everyone!