Monday, June 22, 2009

This Weekend

This weekend, we celebrated my birthday -- Ryan and Spencer were most concerned about a gift for me -- they collected things in a box, of treasures, throughout the house -- put the treasures in the box, tore a piece of our Christmas wrapping paper crumbled it up inside the box, and taped the box up and labeled it to me. This was done early in the week, and it waited until my birthday. Spencer was so excited for me to get my present -- first thing on Saturday! I took a picture of my presents - I love their sweetness, and actually, they know some of my favorite things! I just looked at the picture, the penny he gave me didn't go into the collage. . .bummer -- loved it!

For my birthday, I try to make it more a day we do kids things, so the boys chose Denny's for breakfast -- I have never gotten a free meal before -- but I did on Saturday! Lunch was at Joe's Farmhouse Grill with my sis, her hubby, and sil Lauren who has a b-day on Sunday! It was delicious, and yep, I got carded and got a ten dollar credit on my lunch!

What is better than Krispy Kreme? We had to go and get, yep my free dozen doughnuts and then a box for Jake for Father's Day -- fun times!

 

Jake took Jacob shopping for my birthday present from the store -- they chose something I have been eyeing for years -- well, er, maybe not, but it is a "hit" a water gun that holds, to quote Jacob "A whole GALLON of WATER!" -- He had better watch himself, one of these days, he is toast, and I mean TOAST! The boys were pretty excited about this gift and couldn't wait for me to open the box, they have been carrying it with their aresenal of guns. . . what do you say, a mom of boys!
 


My parent also came home from China! Hooray! Yesterday, they had a family dinner and my cute neice was modeling some of the treasures that Grandma and Papa brought her!
 

 

All in all, it was a great day, and I appreciated all of the kind gestures!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anny said...

I'm sorry I didn't tell you happy Birthday on the day, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY a few days late. I'm so excited to see your family at the reunion.
Love ya

Emily said...

your boys are so thoughtful. i hope you had a great birthday!!

Sara said...

Happy Birthday! I got similar around the house gifts last year from my birthday too! It was nice to see what they think I would like.

Nicole said...

That was so cute of your boys to wrap you up a special present! Thats exciting your parents are back from China!

Allie said...

I'm so glad you had a great birthday! And your boys are so thoughtful! :)