Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The mind of a FOUR year old. . .

Ok, so we have chickens, three of the six end up being roosters, we are down to one of those, but that is another post. Yesterday, we got our first EGG!! Jake took Spencer out to check for eggs and there was one! Spencer was enthralled with an egg in our chicken coop. . .So, he comes in carrying the egg, trying to figure out the whole egg thing. . .He asked if the baby chicken in the egg melts in the sun and gets to be liquid and that's how we get eggs? I assured him this isn't a baby chicken that melts -- can you imagine? What do you tell a four year old on the whole egg thing? He is fine about it now, but he got me on that one!

 

 

 

Ok, so these pictures were right in a row on my card reader. I had gone outside to take pics of Spencer, he dressed himself, and he DID NOT want to cooperate. So, I was trying to get some cute candids, he was busy building his dam with Ryan, and I was in the way with Sunny, so I moved on and took a picture of the chicken. . . and then to show off our baby egg. . .Jake said the eggs will get bigger, they had better!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Emily said...

it is always interesting to hear what is going through their heads. those pictures are very cute! the egg is little but it looks so precious in that little hand!!

Natalie said...

I love Spence! What a great question to wonder about!