Monday, May 17, 2010

Butterfly Release

 

Ok, so I am way behind, but there are some memories, that must be documented. A few weeks ago, actually about a month ago, we got to got the Neely Second Grade Butterfly Release "party". This was held at lunch time and the kids got to release their butterflies that they got as caterpillars and then raised them to become butterflies. It was pretty impressive. The butterflies, painted ladies, as my second grader taught me, liked watermelon, so the kids each got a piece to eat and a piece for the butterflies. I was so amazed that Spencer could hold as still as he did! Seriously, I thought the butterfly would fly away as soon as my not so calm child held the watermelon. . .not the case. . .He was so fascinated by the butterfly and fairly still too. Once most of the butterflies had flown away, one came and landed on MY face! Ryan's teacher said that was "lucky" -- she had to take a picture and so we had to get one too -- I had to hold still -- trying hard to feel "lucky" and not freak out! I guess I must be really "Sweet" too!
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: