Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Manhattan Temple

Ok as a disclaimer -- I did not sneak a camera in, these are from the internet a website, www.fromglassandstone.com I believe -- but I was so impressed by the temple that I googled to see what I could find. I think it was by far, my most favorite place in New York City. There is a Spirit there that you recognize in any temple but seemed so much more pronounced in New York. My SIL said it right when she said she felt more grounded at this temple than at others. . .








The temple is a building built within a building and the lights are from backlighting. It is amazing, I really thought the doors with the Statue of Liberty were so amazing! We spoke to a temple worker who said that a temple was announced in Conneticut that would have been close to her home, but she didn't figure they would get it because of the the Manhattan, New York temple -- after being in the city we, my mom, SIL, all agreed that New York needed a temple.

1 comments:

Nicole said...

So beautiful!! That is so great that you got to do a fun girls trip to NY!! Maybe one day I'll get to go there!