Sunday, May 23, 2010

Whirlwind trip to Utah

A couple of weeks ago, I made a thrity-six hour from start to finish trip to Utah. Spencer was my willing partner for my travels -- we were up to throw a shower for two of my neices that are getting married this summer.

 

Kanosh is absolutely gorgeous this time of year!
 

Here are the two brides, Lucy and Adell.
 

And here is the invitation that I made to celebrate the event. So glad I could go, but so glad to be home as well. It was a little crazy trying to make the best use of my time in Utah not knowing where different stores were along the way. Spence and I gimped through that part and the shower turned out well.

One of the funny things about the weekend was that Jake flew up the same day that we did (he took the last flight of the day) and rented his own car, from the same rental car agency and stayed until Monday! His dad was in a pretty serious accident a few weeks ago and Jake wanted to go up and see his dad. I think he wanted his break from Phoenix as well though!
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

John Andersen said...

I enjoyed hearing about your quick Utah trip. If you are ever doing another trip through Utah soon as a family, you should try out one of my travel activity books for kids. They are free, printable books that have fun activities and games for kids. Some of the activities involve the whole car as we want to keep parents involved with the kids off and on during the trip.

We are from Utah so we even created a Utah travel activity book for kids as well.

If you use one of them, let me know how they work for you guys.

Anyway, enjoy the warm Arizona weather...it snowed here this morning :)