Friday, February 19, 2010

Las Vegas Convention

Jake is required every two years to get continuing ed hours for his licensing. One of the biggest veterinary conventions in the US is in Las Vegas over President's Day. So, Jake had to go up, and well, he didn't want to go alone, so I got to join him Monday evening.

 
Posted by Picasa

Now Las Vegas isn't my very favorite city and most of the atmosphere is beyond me. . .but, we were able to do some fun things. One of the things that we have been told we "NEED to do" is the Tournament of Kings at Excalibur. This was the year, there was a performance and we were willing to pay. We got to be on the Russia team on the second level. It was fun.

 

Bayer Animal Health brought in the band Foreigner for the conference attendees. It was kind of exciting to be in a smaller venue with a bigger name band. We didn't stay the whole time, but I was surprised Jake was willing to go :).
 

Obviously, I forgot my camera, so I don't have any pics of the friends we were able to catch up with, and oh, yeah, it was fun to just spend time with Jake as my parents kept all three boys for the three days! He said that he doesn't want to go to Vegas next time, I suggested Hawaii?!! He might reconsider Vegas after all!
And oh yeah, Leslie, I MISSED you -- Vegas just isn't as much fun!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Um, ya, I'm with you on Hawaii!! Sounds way better than Vegas!! But looks like you had a great time, you did some fun stuff while you were there!

Jenson Family said...

I wish I were still there!!!! Dang it!!! Oh man. WHen will there be a convention in San Antonio??