Saturday, March 27, 2010

Hppy Birthday Jake!

Today is Jake's birthday. He has to work. He didn't even complain that he had to work. I love that about him. He is looking forward to his family calling him tonight, and will probably call the one's that he doesn't get to talk to because, really, wouldn't you think he would have the day off on a SATURDAY?!! Especially, if you are the BOSS?!

 

Most people don't get to know Jake very easily, I still laugh about the people who learn that he is really funny if you listen close enough you will get to hear his humor -- they tell me that like I wouldn't know! He has always been a farm boy at heart -- when he was a little kid, he would complain with his next younger brother about having to visit the grandparents in the city -- "it gives me a headache!" "Who would live in the city?" -- they both live in the city. Jake loves to ride horses with his dad andbrothers -- he is excited about his horse ride next week with his dad and brothers.
 

Jake loves to rope, I think if he were to just do what he really wanted, he would have been a cowboy. . .but he is a realist, my boys and our dog are smart enough to run and stay away from Jake if they are in the backyard and he is practicing his roping. He is a do-it-yourself kind of guy. . .he will try to figure out how to fix it himself and try a few times before he will say it is a hopeless endeavor. He loves peace and quiet -- he doesn't find it too often but loves the solitude.
 

He encourages our kids to do their best and will help them be the best they can be. He let's me do whatever I dream up, very rarely does he not "let me do" whatever it is I want to do. He is longsuffering :). Happy birthday, and we love all that you are and all that you do for us.
 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday Jake! Hope you have a good one!

RhubarbLady said...

Another thing about Jake is that he was the nice one to his city cousins. We don't need to talk about the pranks and jokes of his older brothers although some of it was actually funny. Jake didn't make as much fun of our naivety and innate fraidy-cat feelings of big farm animals.

Emily said...

I hope he had a wonderful birthday, even if he did have to work!