Thursday, March 18, 2010

Rainbow Cake


Ok, for anyone who wants to make their own rainbow cupcakes or cake. . .You just make a white cake, then divide your batter into six different bowls and then put the food coloring in. . .
RAINBOW COLOR DROPS OF FOOD COLORING
Purple 9 red and 6 blue drops
Blue 12 drops
Green 12 drops
Yellow 12 drops
Orange 12 yellow and 4 red drops
Red 18 drops
Looking back, I might try and put a little more in the red and orange batters for the bundt cake, but that would take practice. If you make it, let me know what you end up doing. . .Enjoy!

4 comments:

Sara said...

very cool cake!

Anny said...

Hey! That's a fun idea, I bet Victoria would go crazy over that. Thanks for posting.

Laurie said...

That is soooo cute!!!! My girls would go bonkers over that.

Emily said...

I love making the cakes or even cupcakes like this... kids absolutely love it. They are so surprised to see all the colors inside. I use the gel colors because I think they get more color in than actual food coloring.
Also, we made a cake like this for the 4th of July last year and we did layers. Each layer was a different color and each color had a fruit. Sounds weird but tasted good together. And then the frosting was white chocolate chips (melted) and powdered sugar and stuff. It was gooooood!