Tuesday, March 16, 2010

San Diego

For those who know me, know two things about me and traveling. . .I love to go on vacations, and I hate to drive far from home. I don't know why I hate to drive so much. . .but there is a stress that I feel whenever I drive out of my familiar areas, but I do LOVE traveling and going different places. . .

This past Friday, my parents were looking for somewhere to go, and I made the off handed remark of we would go to San Diego with them, if they wanted to go there. Usually, we don't go places with them, and the boys are busy and not much of a vacation, but my mom actually thought that might be fun -- she would talk to my dad. Pretty soon, we started talking about it more seriously, there were a few things that for sure had to happen before we would know for sure. . .but so far it was a go -- Jake even thought it would be fine -- he had to work this past weekend --

Around 12:30, my dad called and said well when are we going to leave? I hadn't planned on it this in depth -- I hurried and got our things together -- the boys were starting spring break so they got home around 1, and we were off at 2:30. San Diego, here we come!

 

We actually stayed up by Carlsbad, thinking that we would go to Legoland, our hotel was about 1/4 of a mile from the beach. Two boys didn't want to go to Legoland, just the beach. So, we went down to check out the beach. . .The boys LOVED it! We didn't go very prepared for our trip -- no towels, and only one pair of swim trunks -- so this trip was halted when Spencer was shivering beyond control!
 

In the afternoon, Jacob and I went to Legoland for the last couple of hours -- They charge half price for the last two hours, and Ryan and Spencer went to the beach.
 

It was funny when we came home from Legoland -- the other boys were in HEAVEN -- Grandpa had taken them back to the beach and they had seen a hermit crab and a DEAD SEAL -- Ryan even reported he got to take pictures of it! They also collected some cool rocks. . .they were in heaven!
 

Thanks mom and dad for coming with us, helping with the boys and making some fond memories with us! I told Jake that we should DRIVE back to San Diego because it has so many fun things to do and is so beautiful! Hopefully we will make it back sometime soon!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Becky and Brian said...

What a fun trip! I love going to San Diego. I am glad your boys had so much fun!

Allie said...

How fun! I love vacation too, and isn't nice to have some help (grandparents) as well??!!

The Brown Life said...

Fun. I have been dying to go to San Diego to see my sister. I am glad that you had fun.

n/a said...

so glad you had a great time:)