Monday, November 14, 2011

La Famillia Sagrada

I have always heard the term "gaudy" -- I tend to be a bit too simple for "guadiness". On Monday, after visiting the consulate; -- too bad I couldn't have a camera, I LOVED visiting with all of the people I met while waiting for my passport. They were all so friendly and such a treat to have people to speak English too. We met up with my dad who had gone down to save us a place in line at La Famillia Sagrada. It was buildt by Gaudi -- yep, the man who "gaudy" is named after. It was "gaudy" on the outside -- a little too much in the name of exterior decor. But, the interior -- AHHMAZING. LOVED the interior. Loved it.

 

Gaudi was focused on the light and incorporating nature into his designs. I loved his exercise in light. I wish I could have truly captured the stained glass reflections -- so beautiful.
 

The interior of the baslilica is done. The exterior is still being built. it is spectacular.
 

 

 

I think I like "gaudy" at least inside. Beautiful.
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh wow!! That looks amazing! How great you were able to go there!! Jealous!