Sunday, November 20, 2011

Spencer's SEVEN

When I planned my trip, I had to be sure I would be back this past week, because my we had a BIRTHDAY!!! And around here, birthdays are a REALLY BIG DEAL. For this kid, they are an especially, big deal. I told him the day before his birthday that I wouldn't let him get older than six, so he could turn five or he could stay six. He cried. I'm mean, I know. When we went to get his doughnuts for his class, the lady asked him how old he was, and he hesitantly told her seven as he looked at me, wondering what I would say or do. I just smiled. He was relieved.

 

Spencer had many things that he wanted to do for his birthday. (As the youngest, he takes pretty good notes). We kind of had a week long celebration, I couldn't handle the thought of one day busier than busy. So, on Monday, we went to Red Robin. For some reason, my boys all love eating here on their birthdays. Good thing we don't show them the finer things in life, or we would have to cancel the family dinner :).
 

On Thursday, his actual birthday, we had to hit Krispy Kreme for doughnuts for his entire class. We also had to have some for home, because we roll like that. Joe's BBQ was on the list of can't miss, lunch with mom is always good. One of his brothers had a HUGE root beer float from here and he couldn't miss out on it!!! His cake had to be an ICE CREAM cake with Mint chip, and for dinner he wanted Chili, but settled for a Taco Soup. He is still waiting for his birthday gift. . .
 

Seven things we love about Spencer:
He is ENTHUSIASTIC!!!
He is ENERGETIC!!
 

He is SINCERE.
He wants to make everyone feel COMFORTABLE and at home. He is so thoughtful to all guests at our house, whether it is one of my friends or a stranger, he will do all he can to make them feel at home.
 

He is HAPPY!!!
He has a GREAT imagination!
 

He is a great traveler!!! I miss him being out of school so we could sneak in trips just the two of us. If I have to fly with any of my boys, even now, he is pretty good, I guess it comes from his life of travel.
 

We love our Spencer D and we are so glad that he is in our family!!!!
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: