Sunday, March 29, 2009

A Favorite Recipe

 

Ok, so yesterday I had to make a breakfast casserole for a baby shower I helped with. I am not a casserole girl for breakfast, but I do LOVE breakfast food, and with our family tradition of Christmas breakfast at my house, I kind of like to collect them and I love to have them most any time. Well, here is one of our favorites -- we put bell pepper and green onion in as a layer but you can add anything your family loves for breakfast! Enjoy!
Breakfast Loaf
6 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 ablespoon butter
1 round loaf (1 pound) French Bread
6 ounces thinly sliced deli ham, divied
3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
3/4 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided
1/2 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
1 medium tomato, thinly sliced

In a small bowl, combine eggs, salt and pepper. Melt butter in a skillet, add eggs. Cook and stir until set; set aside. Cut the top fourth off loaf of bread. Carefully hollow out top and bottm, leaving a 1/2 in shell (Use the discarded bread for something else maybe Spinach dip :)) Set top aside. In bottom of bread, place a fourth of the ham. Layer with half of the cheeses, red pepepr, scrambled eggs, andtomato slices. Top with the remaining cheese and ham. Gently press the layers together. Replace bread top and wrap tightly in foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for ten minutes before cutting.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Emily said...

i think i am going to have to try this sometime

Mike and Maradel said...

It looks so good. It really isn't fair to make me so hungry. And I am already homesick!

Nicole said...

Wow! That is fancy! And it looks so yummy! Great idea!

The Brown Life said...

We will have to make that when we come out. It looks so yummy. I hope you enjoyed a day of interning w/ Jake. Ha HA