Sunday, March 29, 2009

Out of my League?

We have been very boring as of late, just doing the usual. . .no noteworthy pics. . .

But today, I got shoved out of my comfort zone. . . I get to church and we amazingly found a seat in the pews and I sit down to enjoy my meetings. Well, the man behind me leans forward and says I understand you are teaching Deacons today! Say what?@! The story goes, I am a ward missionary and we are assigned to teach Deacons on once a month, they originally had me scheduled to teach in April, but Jake was going to be gone and well, I was thinking I would be too, so I said it wouldn't work. Someone who was going to be doing a Dental rotation for a while but would be home that week volunteered. No sweat. Well, the rotations work on fast Sunday. My mision leader didn't remember all of this conversation, so he just said I was doing it. Well, I am a team player and I can roll with the best of them, so I agreed. There are THIRTEEN deacons in our ward, FOUR leaders FIVE if the member of the Bishopric comes and ME in a teeny tiny room! I actually felt like I was teaching my own boys but I didn't have the ability to knock them on the head when they were naughty. The class was ok, for reading the material but Deacons and leaders are just a little out of my league I think -- hopefully they will request only Priesthood leaders to teach. Otherwise, I am bringing snacks and blankets and taking them all outside!

3 comments:

Emily said...

oh how scary! i bet you did an awesome job,though!

Mike and Maradel said...

Think of it as practice for the future and payback because you haven't been a scout leader yet!

The Mann Clann said...

I had no idea women were invited to teach the Deacons! I'm sure you were great.