Friday, March 20, 2009

Our Trip to Colorado

About two hours after we got back from Ryan's surgery, we flew up to Colorado (Deana, and the boys)! It was a wild, fun, testosterone filled trip! We went up to see my brother Clint, and his ADORABLE family! They live in the same town that Jake and I met and lived up until Jacob was 6 weeks old. It was like going home in some ways for me, but I didn't realize how I would try to put different towns together in my mind when navigating! :)

The weather was BEAUTIFUL! The boys were ultra disappointed that it wasn't snowy and thought about praying that their mom would like snow so they could move back, truth is, I don't mind snow, it is the driving in it that is nerve wracking to me, and there are about twenty vet offices there so where would Jake make a living?!

 

But, we had a blast, PARKS were on the agenda EVERY day. There are tons of amazing parks in Fort Collins and we hit a couple of fun ones! The kids had so much fun. Spencer thought that Torrie was super lucky because she had stairs, a door that opened in her bedroom and she had a chimney -- he always mentioned how lucky she was.

We took the boys to one of my favorite places in Fort Collins, Walrus ice cream! Seriously, it is the best ice cream anywhere! It is made in salt water ice cream tanks and they always, except for this trip, have a joke flavor of the day. It is so yymmy! My boys drool just thinking about it today!
 

Spencer found some snow on the north sides of peoples houses that hadn't melted so he had to eat it! Can you say GROSS?! But how do you deny a kid the opportunity of eating snow?! He had a little before it was just too gross to allow!
 

We got to see my youngest nephew when we were up there, he is so cute! I just loved holding him -- his name is Porter Maxwell, and seriously he is darling! It was funny to see him, he looks like his dad even as a baby!

Thanks Clint, Natalie, Torri, Colton and Porter for letting us come to visit! We had a BLAST!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Allie said...

I'm glad you had a fun trip and glad that Ryan is feeling better! What a crazy week you've had!

Mike and Maradel said...

Looks good. It is fun to see the pictures. I'm glad you got to see Clint and Natalie and children. We miss you!

Browns said...

Oh you had fun!! How is Ryan?? It has been a while since I have been on the blogs...you have been busy!!! So glad you could go see them. And that cute baby!

Nicole said...

What a fun trip! Glad you made it to Colorado even after all that went on before hand!

Emily said...

that is so funny that he had to eat the snow. that is what happens when kids grow up in arizona. oh and i love your new nephews name! i hope you had a fun trip!

and i don't have your email address, mine is
emilyh8@yahoo.com

The Brown Life said...

We were so happy to see you guys. We had so much fun and can't wait to see everyone this summer.

April said...

Your nieces and nephews look awfully similar to your kids. What were you thinking leaving town? What were we supposed to do? Just kidding. Thanks again for all your help. If you ever need a kidney or anything, let me know.