Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Not for the Faint of Heart!

All right, so this is just a flashback into a former life that Jake and I lived when we were in Utah. This is truly not for anyone with a weak stomach, but this is such a memory, probably not my best but I had to document.

This morning, one of Jake's Home Teaching families called and had had some troubles with a mama goat that had had kids last night, could Jake help out? He said he would, and called just as Spence came home from his first preschool and needed lunch on the way to his second. . . Can you go with me to see a goat? Ummm, do I get a choice? Can we go a bit later, no, I want to go now. Ok, I guess let's go. Spence grabbed a sandwich and we all went to see the mama goat. She hadn't passed the placenta, (I am graphic, but like I said not for the faint of heart) -- and Jake needed to see what she needed. He checked and he thought she had another kid inside -- he needed to check her to be sure. We went home, he got his glove, changed his shirt, a dumb dog ripped ANOTHER pair of his work pants, that is two pairs at least his month -- ughh (and I grabbed the camera)! Spence got dropped off at preschool and we went back. . .

He had to see what was wrong and I will spare you the gory details and tell you that there was a kid inside and it was stinky dead, and he pulled it and had a stinky hand for a long time (other hand stunk) -- an orange or two took care of the smell. He got to stay home the rest of the afternoon, so that was lucky and we got to go shop for his food for his trip, and I got to campaign for a new car. . .if he hadn't had to go to scouts, I think he would have gone car shopping. Dang those scouts :). Ahhh, he glamour of being a vets wife! Bet your jealous! Hopefully if you haven't been thoroughly grossed out yet, the picture won't be too gross. Yes, we have more than a year supply of soap, sweeeet smelling stuff, and this is part of the reason my laundry detergent MUST be TIDE!

 

This was just a cute kid that was hanging out wit me while I waited and tried not to watch!
 
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Mike and Maradel said...

Oh the memories! I'm glad you are documenting them.

Jenson Family said...

Oh my gosh!!! A day in the life... Man! That was gross but cool! Glad you documented for us all to enjoy!

Nicole said...

I'm puking right now! Jakes a good guy to love animals the way he does!

Amy said...

Oh that's sad...

Browns said...

Ha. Looks like fun!! What car are you thinking of getting? We got our package in the mail yesterday. Thanks for sending! Love the kid's clothes. I will work on that picture! I will have yto thank your mom for the rest! Drew graduates beg. of June..not sure of the date. My aunt and cousins are coming in May, you guys might want to come out when we move, or for graduation? Dont know if anyone is coming then?? Whenever!