Monday, March 9, 2009

I LOVE Arizona

There are times when I watch my boys and it just brings back such memories! In February, Jacb and the fourth grade at his school did a salute to Arizona. The salute was a fun little program about the love of Arizona and teaching about the counties and industry. Anyway, when I was in fourth grade, I went to Copper Rim Elementary -- I remember being in Mrs. Loqa's class (she broke the English spelling rules and no u was in her name, it would drive computer's crazy today) but I digress, I remember we were doing some kind of descriptive word mural I think to describe either Arizona or the school (it was brand new that year) and a nerdy kid named Mike Cathey described it as colassal! I ahd never heard the word, thus nerdy must describe him :)! Anyway, I think up until I moved to Washington after my sophmore year in high school, I was in grained with this great love for Arizona that the other states didn't get the love I had :)!

 

At the program the first song they sang broght back many memories from Fun Festa at BYU, my sister's group, for some reason learned the song, Fifty Nifty United States, and she was like six when she learned it, so as the older sibling, I heard her singing it ALL the time and learned it too. I just don't remember her ending it off with something that you shout our your favorite state, and when Jacob's fourth grade class yelled out Arizona was the best it just made me chuckle, I bet Jake just inwardly groaned and figured that Jacob was actually speaking under his tongue saying that Utah was his favorite state of all -- I watched Jacob and I know that it was AZ that he said was his favorite :)!
 

The boys in Jacob's class had to do a Mexican hat dance and they did a great job. It was fun to watch them doing their thing.
 

One of the tings that they were told to wear was either cowboy clothes or the school colors, I only think in traditional cowboy, think Jake and his chaps and spurs, or Spencer in his vest and boot and hat -- not, just a cowboy hat and a button down shirt, if I had thought easy, Jacob would have been a cute cowboy, but he did a great job! Way to go Jacob!
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Mike and Maradel said...

Yes, way to go Jacob. I think it is wonderful you are having such great experiences. And the song is great, and I am glad you like Arizona.