Saturday, March 14, 2009

Ryan's Surgery

On the sixth of March, Ryan complained his ear was hurting. Remembering the star incident we asked the usual questions and took him down to Jake's office to peek and see what there was to see. There was a small scratch in his right ear, but no stars and no sore looking ear drums. He acted totally normal over the weekend and would occaisionally complain about his ear on Monday and Tuesday, but never really crying about it. On Wednesday, he complained to Jake and Jake looked and there was a lumb on the inner part of the earlobe on the way into the ear canal. . .ouch! It looked like it HURT! So, I took him in to our pediatrician on Thursday, he got put on augmentin and I was told to watch it. On Friday it was worse, the Dr's office called, and we took him in to be seen, the Dr. agreed it didn't look better on the antibiotic and we are headed out of town on Saturday. The Dr. decided it needed to be seen and drained by a Ears Nose and Throat Dr -- so we headed over to this new Dr's office and he said that it had to be SURGICALLY removed, and he was leaving town but was doing surgery Saturday. So, Ryan got to go in for surgery this morning -- we didn't find out until Friday late afternoon that this was happening -- so it was a whirlwind, and Ryan DIDNOT want surgery!

The surgery center we went to suggests that kids bring a favorite toy or stuffed animal, so Monkey came along.

 

Ryan was lessed than excited about the gown, the hat, the socks, you name it, he didn't want it!
 

Recovery was rough, but he was GLAD to come home!
 

I am grateful for the many tender mercies that we received in being able to get his ear taken care of, and I am so glad that his ear is not as painful!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Sara said...

I'm glad things are feeling better for him. If he can be brave for his surgery, I guess I can be brave for my stye removal surgery next week.

Mike and Maradel said...

Thank you for posting. We called Jake this morning (for us) to find out how things went. I guess I could have checked the blog. There was no email so we called. And then I remember our computer ringing in the middle of the night but I didn't answer it before it stopped so then I was worried. Have a wonderful trip. We love you Ryan and are glad things are better.

Jenson Family said...

OUCH!! What in the heck?? That's crazy! Hope he is doing better!

Nicole said...

Can I just ask how you had time on saturday to blog about this??? I know how busy that day was for you, so I don't know how you fit this one in!
Anyways, glad things are better!! What crazy timing!!

Natalie said...

Oh man! What an event!! I am glad he got squeezed in before the doc left town. Poor Ryan.