Monday, March 9, 2009

Field trip to the zoo!

The week of President's day was BUSY! I guess the teacher's for the first grade decided they would not have a complete week fo school, there was a half day on Wednesday, so they might as well throw in a field trip too. The paper asking for chaperone's came home and they insinuated that they would just draw names, well, I am a busy person, and I have a preschooler, so let them go to the school, I will stay home or take Spence to the zoo, when the newsletter came home begging for help, I conceded to go. I got the assignment of taking three boys to the zoo, I had to laugh, it was just like taking my three to the zoo. None of them wanted to do the same thing at the same time and there was always one way ahead and one lagging behind. We had a great time, except for I left all of the important papers at school and the snacks I was supposed to feed the kids. I ended up having to fork over like seven or eight dollars for popcorn for teh kids, and they didn't even seem thankful! Oh well, the weather was perfect and the animals performed like, well, I guess like animals. The Phoenix zoo has improved some of their exhibits since I was there last, they have opened up the elephant exhibit so you can see the elephants more at their level rather from on high, and a closer vantage point. The bus was still stinky and smelly, but I did get my own seat and they did have some a/c, so it was endurable! Glad I got to go and spend some time with just Ryan and get to know some of the kids in his class!

 
Posted by Picasa