Sunday, December 7, 2008

Day Two

 

The second day I was in Beijing, I was functioning much better, I actually was able to sleep many, hours the night before and felt alive the whole day. We met my parents friends and went to the Beijing Planning Exhibit and that was super cool! The technology and skills that this country posess AMAZING! They had this ride kind of like California Adventure that took you through the plans for transportation in the next 50 years -- AMAZING to see what they plan on doing, and from what I hear, when they make plans they accomplish them! They also had a to scale model of the city that you could look over and see from the ground level or from above -- the vastness of Beijing is just unbelievable! The city was built with the Forbidden City as the center point many many years ago (like in 200 BC or before) -- it was spectacular. We also went to their branch Christmas party that was joined with another branch -- it felt more like a ward Christmas party with lot's fewer children. (The Chinese nationals that are members and the members from other countries are not allowed to meet together so it was mostly English speaking people) If all of the members in Beijing were able to meet together there would be about 2000 people.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jenson Family said...

How fun! I'm definitely jealous! Now we need a Jake update: how is he doing??? BTW, I put your Christmas card in the mail on Friday, so you should have my address when you get home! Sory - I just noticed your old blog post... :(

Natalie said...

great to hear from you deana! it looks freezing there. all is well in AZ! A bit warmer here though!! haha

I would have loved that fabric store! Did you touch the fabrics? I love touching them...just running my fingers along the design...HEAVEN!

Stay safe and keep us updated!

Browns said...

Looks like fun! I hope you enjoy every minute. look forward to seeing you guys in a couple weeks.

Nicole said...

What an amazing trip! That is awesome you have been able to see China!!

The Olsons said...

I hope you are enjoying yourself. Looks likes so much fun and a great experience. So glad to see that you are posting while you are there!