Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Summer Palace

On Wednesday I got to go and see the Summer Palace, I can only imagine how beautiful this place would be in the summer. Even though the leaves and flowers aren't blooming right now, it was absolutely amazing! I just can't imagine the people building and living in such spectacular buildings part of the time. This was the summer home for the second to the last and last Emperor and Emperess of China. I think the second to the last Emperor was really a puppet Emperor as the Aunt of the Emperor had walls erected around one area of the palace and that is where he ruled from. Her home was in the front of the palace and that was where all of the day to day happenings occurred. The weather was stormy that day, but I couldn't believe how many people were enjoying the area. There is a long corridor that is about 728 m and has handpainted pictures all along, about 14000! Amazing! In this particular palace you get a feel for the important things in China, longevity, friends, peace and happiness.

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Trina said...

Deana that is so great that you are having the opportunity to see all those amazing places, AND that you are taking pictures, AND that you are sharing them with us! I don't know when/if we will ever get there, but that is definitely something I would love to experience. And it does look cold! Hope you enjoy the rest of your time there.

Nicole said...

The pictures are beautiful!

Sara said...

Wow you are so lucky! Jacob misses you. At cubscouts he said the prayer and the only thing he said was please bless my mom to come home safely. Glad you are having this great opportunity!

Natalie said...

Wow! I can't believe you are seeing those amazing places in person. That's so fun!

The great wall of china looks UNREAL! I would love to see it in real life!

Sidenote**Do you remember your ABC Church book? I scoped it out a couple years ago...but really want to get around to making it for Tots and Dallin for Christmas. Is there anyway I can grab it from you again and get the general idea again? Let me know when you get back-k?

Becky Bevans said...

Hi Deana I hope you are having fun what an experience. Miss ya...

Becky and Brian said...

What a fun time you are having! Great pictures and memories you are making.