Sunday, December 7, 2008

Getting Ready for Christmas

Before I went to China, I had a list of things that had to be done to get ready for Christmas, and the minute we got home from Thanksgiving day dinner, we were working feverishly on getting things done. (Yes, I am one of those believers in waiting until after Thanksgiving to get ready for Christmas and this year it was a quick start the day of) So, we got the tree up and I went to Black Friday sales, and while at Costco, I decided that I should get a gingerbread house, I believe in easy. I have bought the gingerbread house before, my boys beg to do it, we put it off, they break into the candy and well, the candy and the house never do meet. So this year, we needed to bond. So on Saturday we built the gingerbread house, Jacob took pictures to help document the event, and we had fun.

 

 

 

So, the gingerbread house looked pretty good, and I was proud of getting the candy on the house and it being cute. My friend came over while we were decorating, so once we were done I left to visit, the next thing I know ALL of the gumballs were gone, and by Monday, no more gingerbread house. Next year, we will fore go the gingerbread house entirely!
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: